Saturday, March 20, 2010

My Birthday!

This morning I woke to a winter wonderland.  As our neighbors drove by our house you could here that distinctive crunching sound as they went by.  Ice!  I pulled the curtain back and looked out the window to see the picture above.

When I went down to the kitchen I saw this scene out the sliding glass door.  Since it was my birthday I asked Mark if he could take me to the Starbucks in downtown Golden for chai tea and a blueberry scone.  He said certainly.  So off we went.

This was the scene downtown.  We enjoyed our breakfast and then went for a walk by Clear Creek.

We walked down this path a ways.  So cold, but so beautiful!  We kept walking till we came to a bridge that crossed over the creek where I took a picture.

In the afternoon, the boys made up a surprise for me.  When I came home there was a happy birthday banner up.  Then there was directions to go to the computer and click the mouse.  When I did that some music started playing and then it sang happy birthday to me.  When it was finished the boys came out to greet me with a single yellow rose!


In the evening Mark took me and the boys to the 16th Street Mall in downtown Denver (its an outdoor mall).  It was cold, but we walked around and then we went to dinner at Maggiano's.  We ordered family style so we had fun trying different dishes.  We had a wonderful time and my boys both dressed up in shirts and ties for me.  They were so handsome!  I should have taken pictures, but was having too much fun.

7 comments:

Chaos Cottage said...

So glad you had a wonderful day on your birthday.

Pam

Tra La La Boom De Ay said...

Happy Birthday Becky!!!!!

Becky said...

Thank you Pam & Cherie!

Sue said...

Happy Birthday!!! What gorgeous pictures. Your down town is so cute. I'm so glad that you had a great day - your men are so sweet!

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm 100% ready for spring, but I have to admit - that snow is beautiful. Happy, happy belated birthday! May this begin a wonderful year full of new and good surprises for you :)

Rae said...

Happy be-lated birthday!
God's blessings pour down on and around you.
Lovely pictures, thanks.

Sharon said...

Happy belated birthday Becky!!! Your guys are so sweet and I'm glad you had a wonderful day!