Saturday, March 13, 2010

A Picnic with my Honey

It was Friday and the sun was out.  It was a beautiful day, never mind the cold wind that was blowing.  I wanted to get out of the house, so I called my man at work and asked him out to lunch.  We could not decide on a place to have lunch so I decided to pack a picnic.  I picked my beloved up from work and whisked him away to my favorite park (Crown Hill).  To my amazement this is what I saw.


The last time I came to Crown Hill the lake was still frozen and white.  In fact, the only way I have seen this lake is frozen.  So when I arrived and saw shimmering blue water I was thrilled.  We sat and prayed by the water and then ate our sandwiches, but later moved to a picnic table because the wind blowing off the lake was so cold.


After our picnic we enjoyed a short walk by the lake and then my beloved had to go back to work.  We had a lovely time despite the cold.

4 comments:

sherry said...

Oh how fun! This is one for the memory books, Becky. :o) Love the color of that lake - wow!

How special for you to bless your hubby in this way. I'm sure it carried him through the rest of his day. :o)

jAne * tickleberry farm

Chaos Cottage said...

You are so brave to picnic in the cold. You are a very thoughtful wife to sweep your hubby away like that for a nice romantic lunch!

outdoor.mom said...

thats so sweet!

Sharon said...

I remember the pictures you took of the frozen lake! It sure looks different now!

That was so sweet of you to whisk him away to a nice place for a picnic and give him a nice break from work. :)