Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Spring Break 2010

Well, the boys are on spring break.  I remember last year being in California and going to the beach and a TEA Party in downtown Santa Ana.  It had only been 6 months after the take down of my colostomy.  Now this year we are in Colorado.  Wow!

Well, on Sunday after church we drove up to the city of Boulder.  We found the Pearl Street Mall  which is famous for it quaint shops, restaurants and street performers.  We had lunch and then we walked around enjoying the shops and the performers.  The view of the mountains as we walked down the street was beautiful.

Today, Brandon was invited by a friend from church to spend the day at his house.  So while he was visiting with his friend, Eric and I drove over to Red Rocks to take a look around.  I was amazed!  After a short walk around, we went back toward home.  We stopped at the local supermarket where Eric applied for a job.  I did some shopping while he talked to the manager.  There are no openings right now, but they will have some coming up.  So he will have to keep stopping by.  We went home for lunch and then Eric went to help a neighbor with moving things out of his garage.  When Mark got home from work I took him up to Red Rocks and afterward we had dinner.  Mark was thrilled with his evening.  Here are some pictures.



This is Eric and me in the amphitheater at Red Rocks.  Isn't it gorgeous?

Otherwise I am still homesick for California.  Can you believe that?  I live in all this awesome beauty and I am homesick for crowded, smoggy, California.  Yeah, go figure! LOL   Anyway, some days are worse than others as far as homesickness goes.  On top of that my tummy is still having a bout of pain.  It has been 2 weeks now since it started, who knows when it will let up.  On a better note, I leave you with a picture of the sunset at House on the Hill.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying for peace and comfort for you, Becky - emotionally and physically. Your photos are so beautiful. I can't imagine living amidst so much natural beauty every day! This summer we are going "out west" for a week. I've only been west of the Mississippi once in my life (and that for about 2 days as a teen) so I'm so anxious to see your beautiful scenery. Those red rocks are just spectacular!

Tra La La Boom De Ay said...

My kids just finished up spring break and headed back to school on Monday. I wish they had this week instead as we were stuck in the house due to the snow storms. It was a very hard week for me also and I too missed "home" (California). As I was suffering from cabin fever it was hard to read my friends blogs as they presented pictures of their flowers in bloom and stories of hitting local markets in the beautiful sunshine. I was also fighting a chest sickness that would not let up due to the back and forth weather. I just woke up and gave my day to the Lord. I hope for a decent day today. :) Much love to you Becky.

outdoor.mom said...

what beautiful pics! what a lovely day of memories :-) Wishing you a wonderful Easter!

Sue said...

The nature and climate where I live here in Japan is quite similar to what I grew up with in South Carolina and Georgia. I have never lived anywhere with scenery like that! I would love to see it in person some day.

You are wearing short sleeves! Does that mean the snow is behind you, or did you just have a warm day?

Becky said...

Hi Sue, we just experienced a warm day. Have not had any snow, but the wind sure has been blowing.

Sharon said...

Red Rock is beautiful! Glad you are enjoying getting to know your new home and I still pray for your homesickness. It will get better! Praying for your tummy too!