Friday, March 12, 2010

Thank You Friends!

To those that commented on my last post I want to give thanks for your reply.  All of your comments blessed me and worked together to help me.  Certainly, I have been lamenting what I had at my Little Blue Cottage and as you can see House on the Hill is completely different.  I realized from your comments that I really need to bloom here in Colorado.  As long as I lament what I had, I cannot move forward.  When Sue mentioned how the house seems masculine that hit the nail on the head.  The owner was single with two sons when he had this house built.  It has always been a man's house.  And that is the reason I do not like it.  So, I was then led to ask myself this question:  Why fight it?  This place looks like a lodge so why not decorate it as such.  Ever since I have been feeling a little more in line with the Lord.

Last night we were invited by our new pastor to come to a house church meeting.  The Lord let me know ahead of time that we would be going back into the front range to a home that would be amazing.  We met our pastor at a gas station off the highway and then he lead us to the house where the meeting was.  It was in an area where there are no street lights.  The home was nestled in a little valley.  There are lots of big homes with property around them.  The house is decorated in mountain style which is gorgeous!  Compared to these blessed people (who were so happy to share their home with everyone), I felt like a very poor church mouse, but was inspired by the mountain theme of decorating.  Only mine has to be on the side of creativity and thrift.

When others have very much more than I do, well, I admit, this is a stumbling block to me (a wrestling point, ugh!)  I absolutely hate it.  The thoughts run through my head that I should have always worked.  I should go after money so that I can have big fancy stuff, etc.  But I know God does not want me to pursue the riches of this world.  I must keep my eyes on Him, not on what this world has to offer.  The Lord has always provided for me and amazingly too!  I prayed this morning and the Lord gave  me some verses.

1.  Our hearts ache, but at the same time we have the joy of the Lord.  We are poor, be we give rich spiritual gifts to others.  We own nothing, and yet we enjoy everything.  (2 Corinthians 6:10)

2.  That is what is meant by the Scriptures which say that no mere man has ever seen, heard or even imagined what wonderful things God has ready for those who love the Lord.  (1 Corinthianns 2:9)

3.  Notice among yourselves, dear brothers, that few of you who follow Christ have big names or power or wealth.  Instead, God has deliberately chosen to use ideas the world considers foolish and of little worth by the world in order to shame those people considered by the world as wise and great.  (1 Corinthians 1:26-27)

3 comments:

candy said...

can you email me your new home address, i want to send you a card.


candy

Sharon said...

You are doing exactly what the Lord wants you to do Becky and that is to keep building your relationship with HIM and to make a home for your family no matter where you live. The attitude of a woman's heart is REALLY what makes the home...not the decor. :) However, once that's taken care of, it sure is fun to decorate and use our creativity and frugality. I love your idea of a lodge style theme for your home! Have fun!

sherry said...

(*(*( hug )*)*)

jAne