Friday, March 19, 2010

Snow Day

Without a sound the world around me turns to white.  One snowflake piles on top of another in utter silence creating a winter wonderland.  Snow is made up of individual flakes, but all together they create snow. It makes me think about the church.  Each of us is an individual, but yet we make up the body of Christ.

The picture above was taken in the morning looking out the kitchen window.  Here is a picture of my trip to the satellite dish to brush the snow off so I could get a picture on the TV.

 See how deep the snow is and how high it is piled on the railing?  The gap is where I leaned over the railing to brush the snow off the dish.

Here is our rustic mailbox which sits across the street from House on the Hill.  It looks lovely in the snow.

And here is a picture looking back at House on the Hill as it sits in the midst of a world of white.

2 comments:

Seawashed said...

There is so much peace when snow is falling and covering everything in white. I remember sitting for hours watching the snow fall when we lived in MO. It was one of my favorite things that I still miss. I wouldn't want snow all winter, but some snow is magical. Your House On The Hill is lovely covered in it. That mailbox is so cute! You should use one of these pics as your header. I'm glad to hear you are finding some joy there.

Sharon said...

It's so beautiful!