Friday, March 5, 2010

The Kitchen

 
Well, I am finally getting things sort of in place.  After living in one place for 18 years, it is hard to adjusted to something new, but I am trying.  As I type this I hear something going across the roof, maybe a squirrel.  All these new noises I have to adjust to.
 
Fresh flowers always seem to perk up a room.  I decided to purchase these yellow tulips to add a splash of color to the dark kitchen.  I put them in my vase I got in Julian, California.  Mark and I used to take trips there during apple season when we were young.

Here is the view out the window.  Isn't it amazing?  One of the reasons I'd like to stay if I can.  

Here is my favorite kitchen mat.  It looks good on the Pergo floor.  The cabinets I am not wild about, nor the black appliances, but hey get a grip, its a rental Becky!  I think the Lord is teaching me something in all of this.

The air purifier seemed to make a difference as far as sleeping.  I did not wake up with my lungs feeling they are gasping for breath.  However, as I do my work around the house, that burning feeling is back.  Ugh.  I just have to take it day by day...you know...trust the Lord. 

This afternoon Eric is having a friend over.  He is going to spend the night.  I better go to the market and pick up some food.  Teenage boys love to eat.  Eric and his friend also want to apply for a job at the local grocery store here in town.  They have dreams of saving up money and going to California after they graduate high school.

6 comments:

Seawashed said...

It looks great Becky!!! Are those granite countertops? Beautiful! And the Pergo floors are amazing. I always had white appliances until we moved into Sea Cottage and now I would never go back. And you know how much I love white, but the black and stainless steal gives it such a cleaner upgraded look. I really have grown to like it better. I think your new home is pretty and that view is amazing. Glad to hear your boys are adjusting, making friends and want to get a job at the local market.

Tra La La Boom De Ay said...

Hey Becky, I know how you feel about the dry air. I smear my face with straight vitamin E at night to curve off that horrible crackly look that comes with the snow. Wait till you get a load of the summer bugs here. Much love to you this week. Good job on getting yourself some flowers!

Rae said...

I found your blog from Sea Cottage. I also had endometriosis and battle with it for years, I too almost died. The Lord is not finished with us here!
My daughter and her husband lived near Denver while he was in the Navy. I enjoyed Golden and the river there, when I would visit from Texas where I am from. Glad you are blogging!

Sharon said...

The yellow flowers are beautiful and very cheery!!!! You have a GREAT view!!! I wouldn't mind doing the dishes all day long with that view! :D

Do you think the problem you are having with your lungs is from altitudes your not used to?

I've been to that adorable little town, Julian!!!!!!!!!! Way back in the early 80's. I fell in love with it and that little bakery shop that smells so wonderful of apple pies!

Becky said...

Fairmaiden, yes granite counter tops, they are pretty.

Cherie, I suspected that we might get lots of bugs here. Good thing there are lots of birds around too.

Grace, welcome! So true, God is not done with us yet. So glad you came by! Bless you!

Sharon, you could be right about my lung having problems from the altitude. Been feeling so unwell some days, its hard adjusting. It is so cool to know you have been to Julian too! :-D

Sue said...

Becky, what beautiful light in your kitchen! Those photos made me feel happy just looking at them!