Monday, March 15, 2010

Another Day

Still struggling with getting the house settled, but then is one's house ever settled?  There is always something to do, right?  As homemakers our work begins anew every morning.  I think part of my problem with settling is I know I am not staying, but then as Christians this world is not our home.  Okay, somewhere down the line we will eventually leave this house, but for now we are here and there is so much to do inside & out.  I was reading at Rachel Ashwell's blog and I particularly liked "this" post.  It has elements of how I feel about decorating.  Being artistically inclined, decor helps me settle.

Otherwise, I am trying to walk through doors that the Lord has openned.  Opportunities to bless and be blessed. This land I have moved to is quite awesome with amazing people.  Today I walked down our street and was blown away.  I can hardly believe where I am living.  The Lord is blessing me beyond what I could have ever imagined.                                                                                                                                                                    

4 comments:

Tra La La Boom De Ay said...

Becky we can redecorate our homes together. Mine is a rental also believe it or not. Also a blessing from God with many of the same emotions attached as what you are going through. Im so glad that you are starting to find the beauty in Colorado. It is there in a very different way.

sherry said...

what's that saying ... ?

*bloom where you're planted*

... no matter the location of your current nest.

bless you,
jAne * tickleberry farm

Anonymous said...

I know you will do amazing things decorating! I am anxious to see the results! I enjoy decorating, but my options are somewhat limited here. Bloom away, my friend :) I am here, wishing you well.

outdoor.mom said...

wow! looks like you are adjusting beatifully :-) ptl!