Thursday, March 25, 2010

Spring Snow

Another storm blew in on Tuesday evening and this is what our deck looked like Wednesday morning.

On Tuesday afternoon I picked Brandon up from school and took him to the orthodontist.  While we were there we watched the storm roll in over the mountains.  It started out with rain.  After Mark came home from work I had him take me to the grocery store, while we were in the store the snow storm hit.  Brandon called my cell phone letting me know that the road up to the house was covered in snow and the snow plow had not been by.  I assured him that we would get home.

Well, we started climbing that hill and we were sliding and Mark had to floor it to get us up.  Incredibly we made it and parked.  Because of it raining first before the snow ice formed.  My van was parked on the driveway, but we could not get it into the garage because of ice.  So it had to stay parked outside.  In the morning this is what we saw.

We waited till the sun broke through to start digging ourselves out.  Once the sun broke through all the neighbors were out shoveling, using snow blowers, etc.  My sons were shoveling and helping neighbors to shovel (and earning a few dollars while doing it).  In the afternoon after lunch I started shoveling our back deck.  First here is a picture of Brandon measuring the snow on the back deck in the morning.

Its about 14 to 15 inches of snow!  Now hows that for a snow storm?  Eric took a picture of me shoveling, my first time shoveling snow.  Let me tell you, its a great work out

As for Kevin, my son heard on Tuesday that he was still in the hospital.  We have no new news since the boys stayed home from school today because of the snow.  We hope to receive an update on Thursday and I so hope there will be good news.

4 comments:

outdoor.mom said...

we prayed for Kevin in morning devotions :-) Cool pics!! You live in such a beautiful place! I bet it felt good shoveling that fluffy white stuff!!

Deborah said...

I shoveled snow too yesterday and this was some of the heaviest snow
ever. Our Spring snows are always like that.
You still get your exercise, but usually the snow is a lot lighter and fluffier than this was, and a lot easier to handle!

Sharon said...

My goodness! You did get a lot of snow! It's so beautiful though. :)

Tra La La Boom De Ay said...

Oh wasnt that a storm Becky? My front porch looks just as weighed down. Today I need to shovel the driveway but am NOT looking forward to moving all of that heavy snow.