Thursday, March 4, 2010

Beautiful Sunset

 
March 3rd, 2010 marks one month that we have been living in the Denver area.  It has been warm and sunny here.  I can't believe that I am saying 50 degrees is warm.  In California I would be cold at this temperature, but here it feels nice.  However, the air is dry and I really loathe dry air.  I long for the moist ocean air that I was spoiled with in California.

 
Here is another picture of the sunset I took from our back deck while I was cooking dinner.  This is the view out my kitchen window!  We are continuing to go to the little white church.  I attended the Women's Bible Study the other night and had a very good time.  Met some awesome women who were not afraid to share what the Lord is doing in their lives.  It always encourages me to hear how others have made it through their trials and tribulations.  Also met another of my neighbors which is always nice.

As for my health, well, my tummy has had some trials, but it is doing fairly well at digesting.  My weight hovers at 98 to 99.  The only thing I am struggling with is nausea off and on.  On top of that I have been having trouble with my left lung.  Over the past weekend I spent a lot of time in the house and my lung was burning and in pain.  I felt like I was suffocating.  I also had congestion and a scratchy throat.  I went to the doctor and he checked me out and said my lungs and heart sound good.  I told him about the house and he said there could be the possibility of mold there.  He told me to take Aleve for the pain in my lung and said that if that does not help then it is probably mold I am dealing with.  I took the Aleve and I also tried Motrin, both upset my tummy.  I do not know that it did much for the condition anyway.

At the same time, I decided to start spending the night at the apartment.  I spent two nights by myself.  It was a very good thing for me to do and after two days my lung feels much better.  I would go to the apartment, spend time with the Lord and wake up in the morning and meet Mark for breakfast.  Then I went to Crown Hill Park and took a walk in the fresh air.  Very healing and a good time to talk with the Lord.  But today we had to turn in the key to the apartment, so now I have to live at the house full-time.  At the Bible study I talked to a lady there that said she was experiencing terrible sinus problems.  She said they found out they have mold in their heating ducts.  So she bought an air purifier and now her sinus condition has cleared up.  So Mark told me to go out and buy one, so I did today.  Hopefully that will help.

4 comments:

outdoor.mom said...

oh dear! i hope you feel better soon :-) Your pictures are beautiful!!

candy said...

Thanks for the sweet comment :)

Love these photos!!! Very pretty!!

candy said...

love the pics of your boys on your sidebar too.....very cute!!! :) and of you and your husband :)

Sharon said...

I'm so sorry you haven't been feeling well! I sincerely hope your house doesn't have a mold problem! Maybe the air purifier will help. I can't take NSAIDS as they upset my stomach terribly, too.