Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Another Walk in the Park

  
This is a picture of Crown Hill Park on an overcast day here in the Denver suburbs.  The big white area is a frozen lake.  I went walking here by myself today (boys were in school). The Lord was with me though.

This is a section of the path with hard snow.  When I came to the park on Monday, much of the path was covered with snow and ice.  On Tuesday we had temps in the upper 40's so a lot of the snow & ice melted.  It was much easier to walk the path this morning because I could actually see it.

 
This portion of the lake was icy.  When I came on Monday to the park, there were lots of Canadian Geese hanging out here.  Today they were elsewhere.  The geese like sunny days best and Monday was gorgeous cold sunny day.  On overcast days the geese seem to disappear.


I just thought this made a pretty picture with the two kinds of ice and then some of the branches from the tree touching the ice.  As I walked I heard a nearby bell tower chime.  Ah, so soothing to hear chimes.

 
This is another picture of Golden from our back deck.  Just thought it looked really pretty today.  Actually, I was trying to get a picture of the bird that pecks on our house, but she flew off before I could capture a photo of her.  I found out at the park that she is a female Flicker.  She is so cute.

Otherwise I am working hard at unpacking boxes and finding where things should go.  I am also filling up boxes of things to give away.  Even though the house we are renting is bigger than the blue cottage, the storage space is not the same.  I do not have a pantry, china cupboards, linen closet nor coat closet at this house.  So I am boxing up my antique glassware and storing them in the basement.  I have hope that I will someday move into a dream cottage here in Colorado if we don't move back to California.  We have to see where the Lord leads us.  In the meantime I am trying to get creative with storage and at the same time down-size what we own.  The Lord has been speaking to me about it (the abundance of my life is not in the amount of worldly treasures I accumulate).  It is hard to part with things that bring memories, but my new life demands that I down-size.

We are all missing our little house in California, we had a grand life there.  We were so comfortable.  I've only been in Colorado two weeks now, but I feel lonely.  In California I had girlfriends to visit with, teens to drive around or entertain and my family about me.  Today, at the apartment, two ladies knocked at my door.  They were very nice, however they were Jehovah Witness.  I was disappointed.  Oh well, the Lord has me working right now.  I need to focus on making the house we are renting into a home for my men.  Then I can branch out and find some friends.

8 comments:

outdoor.mom said...

How are the boys doing in school? Have you found a church yet? I bet you will make a lot of friends there :-) God is good. I'm going to pray that He will send some good friends your way! I prayed that for myself about 2 years ago and He reminded me about the verse where it says you have to "show yourself friendly" to have friends. So thats what i did. I was really persistant with every opportunity that came along. I now have a lot of good friends, but i had to work at it. Its hard to get outside your element. Looks like you had a very fun day!! Love the photos :-) Looks a bit like Montana.

Sharon said...

I enjoyed your beautiful pictures! So serene and I LOVE the view from your deck! I would have a hard time unpacking because of that view! :D

Praying that the Lord will help you soon meet some wonderful friends!
((Hugs))

Thank you for praying for my mom!

Chaos Cottage said...

Have you found a church home yet?

Pam

Sue said...

I had to giggle about your visitors. When we moved here from Tokyo I had visits from JW ladies at least once a month for the entire first year. It turns out there are quite a lot of them in our neighborhood!

I have been where you are. It is hard. I prayed really hard for God to send me a couple of good friends, and He did. It took us a few months to find the right church, and that's where I made my friends. I will pray that God will lead you to the right place, and that He will bring some special ladies into your life. That will make all the difference.

I love your wintery photos!

Becky said...

Thank you ladies for your advice and prayer, they mean so much.

Seawashed said...

Remember you are in transition...and in the season of winter!!! Winter is a season of dying, but new life, sprouting, blooming and singing are promised to come.


Your homesickness and mourning are real. He sees and knows...He understands...He will not abandon you.

Becky said...

Fairmaiden, your comment could not have come at a better time. Thank you so much!!!

Anonymous said...

You have such a gift (I think) for slowing down and enjoying the little things (the two different types of ice, etc). I need to learn that from you ...