Sunday, February 14, 2010

Sunrise

 
This is a picture I took a few days ago of the sunrise at the apartment complex.  I have been so tired that I was not able to post it till now.  One week ago today Mark and I drove through our first snow storm in Colorado to the Denver airport to return our rental car.  We have gotten through one full week here in our new home, I feel like it is an accomplishment.

We are still working at the house doing a little bit every day.  I am working on the kitchen and it is an overwhelming task.  To think that my little blue cottage was dismantled in a day by two men (packers) and here I am trying to reassemble a home in Colorado and it is taking me more than a week so far.  Ugh!  After doing all my work on Saturday, I came back to the apartment and there was a surprise for me.  I got a dozen pink roses for Valentine's day!

Oh, good news, we finally have a telephone and internet at the house.  Yahoo!!!  The other thing that is amazing about the house is how quiet it is.  I have never lived in a place that is so quiet.

3 comments:

Chaos Cottage said...

Glad you are getting things done. A little every day goes a long way. The sunrise photo you posted is beautiful.

Pam

outdoor.mom said...

if i lived in Co i'd come help you unpack :-) wow - quiet :-) that's pretty cool to live in a quiet place!! many people would be very jealous of that!! very sweet about the roses!! we are twins!! love the photo too!! very pretty!

Sue said...

What a beautiful place to live! That photo almost looks like a painting.

I'm glad you're getting settled in. Getting the old familiar things settled into their new places will turn that house into a home!