Saturday, February 27, 2010

The Fugitive Wisp of a Cloud

As quoted from Rose from Brier by Amy Carmichael ~ pg. 25:  "So there could be nothing but a peaceful acceptance, and when one accepts, all that is included in the "thing" accepted is accepted too - the helplessness, the limitations, the disappointments, the suffering.  I think this must be important to the clearness of our spiritual atmosphere, for if we let the fugitive wisp of a cloud which we call a wish (a wish that things were different), float across our sky, then swiftly the whole sweet blue is overcast."

As I was going through our things putting our new household together, I dipped into my file of Biblical notes.  On a piece of blue paper I found the notes I had taken from Rose from Brier that I had read years ago.  The words above spoke to me.  The "thing accepted" is our move to Colorado, the loss of my house, change, etc.  And then that fugitive wisp of a cloud...oh has that been tormenting me (homesickness).  My husband has let me cry on his shoulder lots this week.

Then there are the physical difficulties that pop up.  With myself it has been a tightness in my chest, or the feeling of nausea.  My youngest son has been having issues with his stomach or he gets a migraine.  This week he came home from school twice due to migraines.  Before that he got physically ill on the weekend.  The transfer has been hard on all of us.

This weekend we have been clearing our things out of the apartment.  Our last day to have it is March 3rd.  So rather than clear out in the middle of the week we are doing it this weekend.  The house is still a wreck.  There are still 4 boxes that have not been unpacked and boxes of things about us.  The boys room is the only room that I have in decent shape.  Tonight is our first night sleeping here.  We had dinner together in the dining room and we toasted with sparkling grape juice asking the Lord's blessing on our new home and those who dwell in it.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Hope your moving and transition go well. What a difficult thing--may God give you extra grace for this. :)

Sue said...

What an encouraging, yet convicting quote. Amy Carmichael sure new about suffering!

God is always working even when we can't see or feel it yet. I'll be praying for the various physical and emotional needs of your family!