Saturday, February 6, 2010

Apology in Order

Wow, what a day we had today!  We woke up to a very light dusting of snow which melted away as the sun rose.  We were up early so that we could meet the moving van.  Mark and Brandon went up to the house first.  I came a bit later with Eric.  As I drove over, I missed my exit and could not get turned around to back track.  I went into a panic.  Thankfully, Eric helped me get back on the right track and I made it to the house.

I admit, I was not looking forward to dealing with our day today, but as I walked into the empty house, I felt a sense of peace come over me.  I felt hopeful.  Then our landlord's wife showed up and she chatted with us about the house and about the city of Golden.  She really set my mind at ease.  She told us more about our landlord, how he used to hunt bears and ride bulls.  A real cowboy!.  They are both simple country folk and have a different way of doing things and living.  Something I need to adjust to.

As our furniture and boxes were brought into the house I directed the movers on where to put things.  Slowly the house began to take shape and I began to realize that things are going to be okay.  That is when I realized that an apology from me was in order to my family & friends for complaining so much.  I apologized to my husband and sons for making such a fuss about moving.  I just have been so scared and now that all seems so foolish.

As we sat at our dining room table in the house we were all amazed at the view out our windows and how close to nature we are.  As the movers wrapped up the deer came down to graze across the street.  The quietness of where we live also amazes us.  At the Little Blue Cottage there was the constant noise of traffic from the nearby freeway and streets, airplanes, sirens and trains.  At House on the Hill, we faintly hear some noise from distant Hwy. 6, but otherwise it is very quiet.

Today, I thought about my blog friend Outdoor Mom.  She lives in the mountains of Montana.  She tells stories about her home with a creepy basement and of walks in the snow.  Thinking of those stories gave me strength to press forward today.  Also, stories shared by Jane and Fairmaiden have given me comfort as well.  You know, the Lord really does use this blogging stuff for good.  

3 comments:

Sharon said...

No need for apologies. Those who have had to make transitions in life knew what you were going through and could encourage you that things WILL get better. Glad you are feeling better!

Becky said...

Thank you so much Sharon! Last night I finally had a good night's rest. I have been without one for days. I think I am finally starting to feel God's peace.

Tra La La Boom De Ay said...

Hi Becky, If you hadnt contacted me on my blog I would not have known that you made it. Welcome to Colorado! Today, this day, is the first of many wonderful experiences with the Lord in the Rocky Mountains. It only gets better.