Friday, February 12, 2010

So tired, but blessed

Been working on the house all week.  We have so much stuff, actually too much stuff.  I am way too sentimental.  Living in temporary housing has taught me that I really do not need so much stuff.  Here, I have just the basics and we are living just fine.

At the house I finally got all 3 bathrooms outfitted with shower curtains.  I have some lace balloon shades in a window in the living room.  I am hanging sheers in the dining room and working on the kitchen, papering the drawers and cabinets and then putting items away.  In the mornings while I work a woodpecker comes by to peck at the house.  One morning I saw him run along the railing of the deck.  A very pretty bird he is.  This afternoon while I was putting my curtains in the dining room windows I saw a pretty reddish-golden squirrel on our deck.  So cute!

Then there is all the other stuff that we are doing, such as getting our cars fixed up to drive in snow, opening a new bank account, getting our TV hooked up.  We are still trying to get our phone and computer working at he house.  Thank God for Mark's laptop and our cell phones.  Thankfully someone is coming tomorrow to help us get our phone and computer running.  Slowly, but surely, everything is coming together and the Lord has been helping us every step of the way.

3 comments:

outdoor.mom said...

All your winter photos are beautiful! What an awesome place you are living in! Glad your getting settled. You'll have to post some of those woodpecker photos :-) I'm glad you put that rose in the snow picture up on your new blog. Its so pretty, some day I want to use it for a post!! You could enter it in a contest. It's very inspiring. Also like your new photo of you and hubby on the side bar. Welcome Home!!

Tra La La Boom De Ay said...

Hi Becky, It is so nice to hear that you are settling in slowly but mostly that you are getting a taste of Colorado wildlife. It is amazing just to watch the Canadian Geese fly back and forth in their flocks. Since gardening season here is so much shorter we are all forced to start out seedlings inside. This is what I am beginning to do this week. I want to get the flower seedlings started by the end of the month then focus on the vegetables. I would love to see pictures of your progress if you are not shy about that. Much love to you my sister in Christ. Much love.

Anonymous said...

In my mind, whenever I stop by I think of you as the sweet friend who lives in such gorgeous places. First the little cottage by the sea, now the house on the hill - seriously, how beautiful are these spots? I so wish I could visit in person to see the magic you're weaving with this place.
I understand totally about the hardships with being sentimental. Have a blessed week!