Sunday, February 7, 2010

Snow!

This is a picture of the apartment complex we are staying in (provided by Mark's company).  We will be living here until March while we establish ourselves in the house we have rented.  The Lord truly blessed our moving day with plenty of sunshine.  However, this morning we woke up to snow.  Light, fluffy, powdery snow!  I am sitting in our cozy apartment with a view of the hills out the living room window.  I have watched the snow slowly cover the hills with a blanket of white.


This is the view from our apartment balcony this morning before the snow plow came.  Unfortunately, I did not get to stay in my warm cozy apartment for long.  It was time to take the rental car back to the airport. We left before the snow plow came, so it was a bit slippery on the way to the interstate highway.  It was my first time actually driving in falling snow.  The airport is about a 40 mile trip from where we are living so I was nervous.  Mark drove the rental car while I followed behind in our mini van.  Eric was with me so I had good support.  We made it there and back in one piece.

My son Brandon came down ill last night with a stomach bug.  I had a few messes to clean up.  Thankfully, he is over the worst of it this evening.  Mark had something similar last Thursday, I hope Eric and I manage to escape it.

3 comments:

Seawashed said...

What a beautiful peaceful view. I am so thankful to hear you are all doing better. That the boys like their new school, that they look forward to moving into the House on the Hill, and that you felt peace when you began to move in. I knew you would like the quiet. I truly do believe you are going to like it in CO. One day SoCal. is going to seem so noisy, smoggy, and busy that you will wonder why it was so difficult to leave. That good, clean mountain air is so healthy for you.

Sue said...

I'm glad that you are starting to feel peace, Becky. I will continue to pray as you get settled, and look forward to reading about how God helps you to feel at home and your new home! I love your snowy pictures - lovely.

Sharon said...

The snow is beautiful and you have such wonderful views!

I hope you and Eric escape that stomach bug too!!!