Wednesday, February 3, 2010

We have arrived...

Well, here is my first post!  We are finally here in Colorado after a grueling few days of moving.  I was very sick with a viral infection and running a temperature which got up 101 degrees at one point.  I was in miserable shape, but thankfully I am getting better.  We arrived safely at Denver airport with our little kitty Dusty.  Right now we are in temporary housing and I am glad, because, the House on the Hill needs work.  It is not a complete dive, but it is not as nice as the vintage house.  We are disappointed.  We were told that the house had a finished basement, but it is not finished.  Our landlord seems to be attentive and is making some repairs.  For the next month I am going to be living in temporary housing (which is very nice) and fixing up the house to make it suitable enough for our presence.

Right now we feel like we have lost everything dear to us.  We are in a strange place and going to live in a house we do not really like.  We have no friends or family here.  Personally, I feel completely lost and I do not see where God is in all of this right now.  I feel the trial is too hard for me to bear.

4 comments:

Seawashed said...

Dear Becky,

I can not write much now, just got home from the coast to find my youngest sick with fever. So I need to tend to him. But I just wanted to tell you I will be praying for you tonight and caring you in my heart. I am so sorry that you arrived to a home you don't like. Do you have to move in? Could you look for something else while you are in the temporary housing that better suites you? Try your very best to lean on Him. Completely fall into trusting Him. He is our Shepherd, you shall not be in want. It is okay to cry out to Him and tell him you don't like it and ask for what you need. Lay everything upon Him and let Him completely take care of you. for His yoke is easy and His burden is light. He will not forsake you.

Chaos Cottage said...

Becky, so sorry to hear you are having such a hard time adjusting to the move and that you haven't been feeling well too. I pray you feel better soon and make new friends.

Pam

Seawashed said...

I have to tell you...these pictures of you and your hubby and your sons (on the sidebar) in Colorado sure makes you look like you belong there. I mean it just looks like you are where you belong. Try to rest in His loving arms, and with patience wait for what He has for you.

Sharon said...

Hang in there Becky! When you are sick and going through a move to a place where you don't know anyone, it can really get to you. When you are over this illness, you'll start feeling better and once you start meeting people, it will just keep getting better and better.
Praying for you!!!!
((((HUGS))))