Friday, February 19, 2010

God's Way is Best

"God is even kinder than you think. Fear ends where faith begins. Have faith, knowing tomorrow will hold the blessings of God."

I have been upset because there is no good place to park on my driveway because it slopes.  We cannot park in the garage because our landlord has a bunch of stuff in it that he has not removed.  Then this afternoon my neighbor came to my door and knocked, she is renting the vintage house next door.  She graciously offered to let us use her nice flat driveway since she only has one car.  God is so good!

My sons shoveled her driveway and she invited them in for some hot chocolate.  Afterward they came home and told me that I should go over and visit with her.  So I did.  We chatted over a cup of tea.  As we chatted I enjoyed the snowy scene outside her kitchen window.  I found out that she has been renting the vintage house since December 2009, just after we saw it.  She said her garage is also filled with our landlord's things.  She told me that she and her husband were going to rent our house and cleaned the carpets, while they renting the vintage house, but then our landlord told her she couldn't have it.  As she showed me about the vintage house, I realized that I did not remember the house very well at all.  She said that the plumbing is not working good and that the oven is 50 degrees off, and there are holes in the walls, and she had to deal with a mice infestation.  As she continued sharing, I began to realize the Lord's blessings toward me.

I spent the day unpacking more boxes and filling boxes with things to donate.  I am amazed at what a pack rat I have been.  The Lord is having me part with many things.  I found a music box that my sister had given me for my birthday.  I wound it up and it would not play so I unscrewed the lid and messed with it.  As I sat on the floor listening it played the tune "Memories" and I began to cry.

3 comments:

Seawashed said...

Oh that is terrible what the couple have had to go through with the vintage house. But I don't understand why the landlord told her that they could no longer rent the house that you are now in, because I thought the landlord contacted you guys telling you that they really liked the vintage house and wanted to stay in it if you guys would rather have the newer one??? Is he telling them one thing, and you another? I sure hope both of your rent is cheap because it sounds like they don't really take care of the homes for you. And it sounds like your garage might be full for a while if theirs still is. Not good.

Sharon said...

Oh Becky! The Lord is so good and it seems you have found a new friend right next door!

Becky said...

Fairmaiden, the landlord was not truthful with either of us.