Sunday, February 21, 2010

Patching, Painting, Putting Away

There are so many details to take care of.  We have one more week left at the apartment and then we will have to move into the house.  I found out the cost of the apartments we are living in, we can afford them.  So if need be, we have a place to run to.  Today I asked Mark what we are going to do about all the stuff the landlord has in our garage.  He said that he is going to start bugging him to get his stuff out, he wants me to be able to park my car in it.  We will see what happens.

You know, the only set of blinds that are suitable in the house are the ones hanging over the kitchen sink.  Everything else needs to come down.  When I take them down I patch the holes, sand and paint.  I put a load of laundry in the washing machine provided by our landlord.  Praise God the washer works well.  My new dryer works fine too, so my laundry room is up and running.  The kitchen and dining area are cluttered up with unpacked items that need a place.  The living area is almost set as Mark and Eric got the stereo and dvd player all hooked up.  Things keep moving along slowly, step by step, but I need to work extra hard this last week before we move in.

It snowed all day yesterday and today.  When we showed up at the house this afternoon, there was a couple of inches to wade through to the front door.  I am not used to this kind of weather.  Sometimes I think it is fun and I stick out my tongue to catch snowflakes.  The way snow blankets the trees, mountains and roof tops is beautiful.  The other thing about snow that amazes me is how quiet it is.  Even so, I have never been a big fan of snow and I find it messy, scary and depressing.

Today we went out in the snow to go to church.  The church is on the other side of town, but not far from the house on the hill.  We met a couple of people, but mostly just enjoyed praising the Lord.  When I can I will post a picture of the little church in the snow.

4 comments:

Kathryn Porowski said...

Becky, I am enjoying reading your blog and walking with you through your changes in settling down in Colorado. Change is always upsetting, but God is always in change. It shakes us up, but He is in it to work out His blessings for us. I am praying for you and thanking God that you are turning to Him in all of these things. We are in Thailand now - also experiencing the change of culture, weather, food, language, and it has been challenging at times though mostly enjoyable, except the heat of course! What I would do for a little cold weather now! Sending you much love,

Kathy

outdoor.mom said...

glad you got to church :-) Hang in there!

candy said...

Love to see the church :)
Nice to hear that you are settling in.
We seen a realtor today. He will be back in couple days to let us know what we should price the house for. Im looking forward to selling and moving back into a smaller space. Exciting times :)

Sharon said...

Bit by bit is how it always goes with moving. I hope and pray your landlord will move his stuff out of the garage so you can use it. If not, you should ask for a reduction in rent since you can't use the garage. ;-)