Thursday, February 25, 2010

Getting emotional & exploring

Today it was warm enough that Eric and I sat on the back deck at the house and enjoyed the view and the birds flying around.  It was really wonderful.  Out my bedroom window we watched Flickers flying around.  They have a gorgeous red coloring under their wings.  And we can see squirrels playing on our neighbor's roof across the street.

Well, it started on Monday; my left lung began to hurt while I was at the house.  It is sort of a burning feeling going on and bit of labored breathing.  It only happens when I am at the house and so far it is happening every day this week that I go to the house.  The last time I had a feeling like this was when I was babysitting for a client that was really stressing me out.  Once I stopped babysitting for her the pain stopped.  Okay, when I get to the apartment the pain in my lung calms down.  Mark says it is a reaction to my emotions.  He thinks that I am putting all my bad feelings about what has happened to us on that house.  Maybe so.  Then Brandon came down with a migraine at school and I had to pick him up.  The nurse at the school thought it might be brought on by the stress of relocating.  She is probably right.  We are going to be moving into the house on Saturday and I really do not want to leave the apartment because I am used to it.  I just do not want any more change.  Please say a prayer for us.  Thank you!

I have been driving around the Denver area trying to locate things we need.  We needed a box spring for Brandon's mattress.  Mark and I priced a box spring at one store and they wanted $144!  I told Mark there had to be something cheaper.  So in the evening I took Mark to another store and we got it for $80.  Much better!  Today while I was at the house I set up the beds for the boys.  Feels good to get that accomplished.

Now Mark and I need a headboard for our bed.  We have always wanted one, but didn't wanted to spend the money.  Well, now we need one.  I found on-line that JC Penney had a nice headboard at a good price.  So today I drove 11 miles down the freeway to a town called Littleton where they have a JC Penney at Southwest mall.  Well, I found out that they don't do furniture at that store.  I guess I should have called, but hey, it was nice to get out and explore.  I found that the town of Littleton is sort of like something I would find in Orange County, California.  It was nice, but I think I still prefer Golden.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Praying for you all! Maybe once you get settled in your new home and all your own things in there, you will feel more at home.