Monday, February 15, 2010

A Walk in the Park

The boys had the day off from school today, so I decided to take them for a drive to a nearby park.  I am trying to get them to enjoy where we are.  The park is called Crown Hill Park (click on the link to find out about the park).  It has walking paths and a lake in the center of it which is frozen solid.  The walking path that winds through the park was covered in snow & ice, but we made our way through the park despite the obstacles.  The bare branches of the trees against the clear blue sky were lovely.  The Canadian Geese were there at the lake and it was fun watching them fly around and then settle on the frozen lake.  I will try to get some pictures of the park in the snow on the blog soon.  I really like this park and feel like it is a little oasis for me.

After our walk in the park, we went back to the apartment to have lunch.  I needed a nap after lunch and then we went out driving again.  I wound around through some streets exploring, then we took a country road through the hills which brought us up next to the Coors Brewery.  The boys thought it was cool.  Then we wound our way up into the hills of Golden exploring.  From there we went to the house and I started working again while the boys watched TV or played on the computer.

I am trying to do my best to make my men comfortable, but even so, they are feeling homesick.  Mark walks around sighing a lot.  He gets tired easily and grumpy.  He says he feels frazzled at work and at the house.  We feel pretty comfortable at the apartment, but we only have two more weeks to be here.

No comments: